- Two generals (the players) are competing against each other.
- In each round each general initially has 120 troops, which he need to divide between 6 battlefields, in order to conquer the land. The winner is the general which conquers most of the battlefields. Conquering a battlefield is done by placing more troops on the battlefield than the opposite general.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) After each round, the player shall get a new random foe.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) In case there is nobody on the servers, enable "delayed challange": the player sends his strategy and whenever another player sends his, they are matched and get a message.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) At each rank, the player shall have the option to participate in the grand tournament against his fellow rankers. Each player shall submit his strategy, at any a given time (say each month) the tournaments shall take place, and the winners shall get special medals and features.
- Each round grant it’s victorious general a certain amount of points, which eventually lead to promotion in rank, from a private to a 5-stars general.
- The game is an interactive game against other players connected around the world by a social network (FaceBook), chosen at random. The player can watch his ranking among his friends.
- The game is an interesting game in the game’s theory, suggested by Prof. Ariel Rubinstein (School of economics, TAU).
- No known good strategies are yet to be found, and this game is still researched.
- Example : Obama and Mc’cain trying to win the elections (supposing they have the same charisma and money).
- Statically analyze the results and the dominating strategy, according to the needs.
- The analyze is done by different factors: the rank of the player (or how naïve he is), location, gender or age.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) a special care shall be taken to the tournaments which gives us the evolution of strategies, both by rank and by time
- (Updated: 3/1/09) No reaction time shall be measured. instead, a timer shall constrain the player from delaying too long. if the player doesn't insert the fields, the
- Measuring a tendency toward a specific field
- handling cases when one player is disconnected
- The game will be implemented as a general platform, which makes it easy to add more Flash based game theories when needed.
- Users who are interested can read more about the game theory and our goals.
Graphics and Gameplay
- The game needs to lure many users in order to get good results. Therefore, having addictive and good looking game is a compulsory.
- The graphics shall be done with Macromedia flash
- After each player chooses it’s troops layout, a nice and funny animation shall show the battle and the winner in each field.
- Each player can choose how his units looks like
- As the ranks gets higher, the player can choose from more units
- (Updated: 3/1/09) points shall be distributes so a both a winner and a loser shall win points, however on different rate, to inspire players into playing, and preferably winning. a win/lose ratio shall also be saved, both for them to see and for our analyze.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) Each unit shall have it's own map, and at each encounter the battlefield shall be randomly chosen between you and the enemy.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) Since there is only one round against each foe, the player may see his adversary, and chat with him during the animation.
- After a certain rank, the player may nickname his army
- (Updated: 3/1/09) Nice music and sound effects. each map shall have it's own background music.
- Random effects, which doesn't affect the gameplay (sharks, aliens, ect.)
- Using facebook API to get all the users data and friends
- The flash game shall connect to a server via sockets and PHP script.
- The server shall be connected to a database (MySQL) of all the games and users. One table shall contain the user data. Second table shall contain the games (game index, moves and move time). The third table is players to games, which shows playerId, gameId and the player index in the game.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) A forth table for the tournaments shall be added, consisting of the tournaments strategies (playerid, playerrank (when he sent the strategy), send time, and total rank (which shall be updated after analyzing the results). This tabe would probably be the most important table in our analyze
- Analyzing tools for the database, to make it easy to access and graphically show the data and best strategies. The data analysis shall be done according to the academic needs of Prof. Rubinstein.
- Players are connected to the server through the FaceBook application, and are met with random players.
- (Updated: 3/1/09) After each round, the player shall be met with different opponent. create some delay mechanism to prevent repetitions against the same player.
CS and IT:
- Prof. Oded Regev
- Mr. Rani Hod
- Prof. Ariel Rubinstein
- Nir Eitan moc.liamg|natierin#moc.liamg|natierin
- Ido Sovran moc.liamg|narvosodi#moc.liamg|narvosodi
- Dan Pincu moc.liamg|ucnipnad#moc.liamg|ucnipnad