Hour Table Gadget
The hour Table gadget is the graphic display of the courses searched, selected and saved in the "yedion" gadget.
The 2 gadgets comunicate trough the PubSub infarstructure given by Igoogle(beta ver).
"Hour Table" gadget features:
this is what we acomplished by order of work:
- the hour table knows how to deal with lectures and recriation, and display them in different colors.
- it display courses groups in 3 statuses:
- Not selected: the user added the course but did not choose this group.
- Selected: the user added the course and chose this group as his group.
- Saved: the user saved this groups as it's selected group(in this case all other groups are deleted).
- the "Hour Table" gadget knows to deal with adding and removing information, by users command from the "yedion" gadget.this is done with the pub sub infrastructure.
- it also deals with two courses that overlaps eachother. that hour will be displayed in red.
- it stores the information, so when the user re-enter it shows him all the data that was saved.
- it shows information about every group in a tool tip. it fetches this information by PHP that comunicates with the university server. he knows to store the information and re-use it next time the tooltip is needed. this is done by a MAP Data structure.
- when the print function is pressed the printed version of the web page contains all the information about the saved courses in the gadget.
- gather and display statistics about number of lecture hours, free hours, and free days.
- display a legend of the colors and explantion of what each color represent.